Monday, April 3, 2017

Picture, Pictures, Pictures and..... More Pictures

Picture it: Richmond, 2017. It was a beautiful, super sunny day and I was sound asleep. When I awoke, fast, in a massive panic--I knew I was going to be late!  I had to be at the library at noon.  Did I miss my bus?  Maybe not. The bus is never on time. There was still a chance. So I still walked down to the stop, but alas, I missed the bus. So, trying to not be all panicky and insane, I called Don who was at a Sunday brunch to ask for a ride. (My mom was not home.)  He was more than understanding and he picked me up. We stopped by his house, the hardware store, and then Javaria's house. So, with that, we were off to the library to meet Noor. 

When we got to the library and met Noor, I felt underdressed because Noor and Javaria were dressed in nice, clean, pretty clothing, while I had dark jeans that had a hole in them and a T-shirt that was wrinkled and still had cat hairs on them. Thanks Ollie. The library wouldn't open for an hour so we went to Contra Costa College to take pictures. I was surprised that the campus was actually really nice with pretty trees and flowers dotting the campus and lining the small creek that ran in front. I never went on the campus, despite driving by it all the time. When there, we took a lot of pictures. In my pictures, I could not for the life of me smile. I either looked angry or that I was held against my will. In one of my pictures I looked like I was in pain. I did try to smile, but it didn't work. We took a lot of group pictures, in those I looked like a giant next to Noor and especially Javaria. I didn't realize I was that tall.  
After the college, we went to the library to figure out our blog. Don told us a lot about how to blog and what we should do when blogging. Of course, right now, as I am writing my blog, I forgot almost of it. Sorry Don! Creating our blog was a little tiring, for we all didn't care for nearly all of the designs and layouts offered. When we found one we liked, we couldn't use it for one reason or another. After a long while of clicking and quiet discussion, we finally found a design and color combination we all liked. With that? We were finally done. In creating the blog, we did a little bit of bonding. I found out a lot about Noor and Javaria, as they were talking about their country and families. I also found out that Javaria picked the same exact classes as me! Our first and second choices: International Human Rights in Theory and Practice and Politics and History of the Modern Middle East. I was happy about this because I would have someone that I knew taking the same class. 
All in all, yesterday was nice. Even though the pictures don't show it, I had fun. I found out more about Don, Noor and Javaria, about what I'll have to do later on and I am excited. I am overjoyed that I got picked for this program. I can't wait! Watch out Cornell!

No comments:

Post a Comment