Saturday, April 15, 2017

Rules Then Pictures Then More Rules

I woke up early on Saturday morning, but took my sweet time getting ready because I was super tired. I got very little sleep the night before (my fault) so I walked around like the undead, sluggishly getting my tea. After I had my tea I was suddenly a human being. It was then that I realized that I'd better get out the door or I'll be late. So I rushed to De Anza and it turned out I was only by a couple of minutes, but I was late. "Crap." I thought. But I managed to sneak in undetected. 

Once in the room I was, to be honest, really bored. I couldn't look at my phone and no one knew sign language so I couldn't "talk" with anyone secretly so I sat and listened to Don. It wasn't that I hated Don or he was super boring it was what he was TALKING about was super boring. He was going over important things such as what was expected of us and what we need to do before we go to our respective colleges. It did get interesting when he talked about previous ILCers that broke the rules and to say the least they were nothing short of insane. The stories ranged from people breaking the rules constantly and most of the time the same one over and over again, breaking the law and sometimes they were just stupid. Really, really stupid.  

After the horror stories and a lot more rules and expectations. There was a short, but fun break where we went outside and took a bunch of pictures. Yet, again when it comes to the delicate and fragile art of modeling I completely, utterly, 100% suck at it. Javaria and Noor were slaying the posing game while I awkwardly tried to be funny and didn't succeed. This by far was the most fun part of the day.
This is me failing
After that there was more instruction that was boring, but important. We practiced locking up a laptop with a lock and putting it away. After that the tutorial was over. 

I was happy that I met my fellow ILCers outside of my cohort, they are all really smart and funny. I am also REALLY excited for the ILC's future events. I can't wait to go to the dinners and speak at the school board meeting. I am absolutely ecstatic to go to Ithaca because I got the class I wanted! Thank you so much Don for this opportunity! Watch out Cornell!

No comments:

Post a Comment