Monday, May 15, 2017

Finally on the Blogspot

I feel like I'm the last one to show up to the party, but that's just how this works I guess. I'll play catch up in due time. Last Wednesday I attended the chaperones meeting with Don, Kendra, Jennifer, and Tori. We had lots of information to gather and to process. Truthfully, I'm still trying to process some of it. So far I've gone through all of it once, and I'll probably go through it all at least once more before departure. In my usual meticulous fashion, I'll probably read it again in New York.

Sadly for I have not yet mastered the ways of digital photography. In the time leading up to departure I need to work on getting a reliable camera that isn't my phone. I'm actually somewhat averse to photos. Half of me prefers to simply remember the experience instead of seeing it, the other half just thinks I'm ugly. Beauty jokes aside people close to me always remind me that photos aren't always for me, but for others. One of my personal goals this summer is to get out of my anti-photogenic shell and take more pictures for more people besides myself.

Right now most of my work with ILC has been in preparation. We'll have our Meet and Greet dinner pretty soon and the San Francisco dinner not long after. All the while I get to dig up all I can on Cornell, Ithaca, New York, Finger Lakes, and the like.

Just at a cursory glance I'm already interested in visiting NYC, Finger Lakes, the Eerie Canal, and Ithaca Conservatory. I'm sure there's lots more to see and do!

1 comment:

  1. Hate to burst your bubble but going to New York City won't be in the cards for you. Instead of researching NYC, think Chicago. Since your plane has to go through Chicago on it's way to Ithaca, I figured you could stop off and check out Northwestern and UChicago before continuing your trek east.

    When you're at the SF dinner you can talk at length with some of the alums and they can tell you things you won't find in the tour books. Doug has three degrees from Cornell while Kevin and Hummd (both ILCers) are still there.
    And you very definitely need some assistance with your photo skills. :-)

    ReplyDelete