Saturday, May 27, 2017

FOOD!

All of our food.
My meal is the one at the bottom
Friday was an exhausting day. I got up at four in the mourning and went to school. That day was rally day. I am not the biggest fan of rallies so I tired to fall asleep, but alas, rallies are super loud and obnoxious so I could not fall asleep. After school I had a dentist appointment so I ran out of school immediately.

After the dentist, which is always scary, I left to the El Cerrito Plaza BART station to meet my cohort. We meet up and went on the extremely loud BART train. Once there we just talked about the ILC, what we are going to do in Cornell and I talked about my love for reptiles. We got off the super loud train at downtown Berkeley and walked to our restaurant. We walked through the UC Berkeley campus which was beautiful. There were A LOT of trees and flowers. There were also really old looking buildings next to really futuristic looking ones. It was kind of weird because I can look at one building and feel like I am in ancient Rome or middle aged Europe then look to another building and feel like I'm in "The Jetsons". 

The Campanile
After our pretty walk we made it to our restaurant called the House of Curries. It took me forever to order because I was so hungry that I could eat anything. When I finally decided on what I was going to eat we ordered and  it was delicious. I forgot what I ordered, but I am pretty sure it had lamb in it. We further discussed what we were going to do on the trip, what places we'll visit, Javaria, Noor and I talked about the courses we were going to take. The rest of our conversation was just small talk. 

Deven taking our group photo.
After our yummy meal we went back to the campus to take a ton of photos. We basically wandered around a little and took many photos. We went to the Campanile and posed many many many times. We tried taking "candid" photos and photos were we looked off into the great beyond. I got to see much of the campus. Noor and I talked about how much we wanted to be accepted by Berkeley. Please let that happen universe. We had a fun time taking pictures and talking, but we had to go home since it was basically sundown. 

We headed home on the very loud train and made it to the BART station safely. Friday was loads of fun and I got to know my cohort members and my chaperone even more. I can't wait for all of us to go to Ithaca together! It is going to be so much fun! Watch out Cornell!

No comments:

Post a Comment