Tuesday, June 20, 2017

And So The Adventure Begins

Earlier today. 
So this is it. The whole process of writing essays and pre-essays and accessing our scores and nerve wracking interviews. It's been leading up to now, at 3:30 AM the shuttle will be picking up the Cornell cohort from El Cerrito High School for the adventure of a life time. So many things are going through my mind right now, excitement, anxiety, the anticipation for the person I will become this summer is something I can't wait for.
My aesthetic is black. 

The jittery feeling hasn't left my body since last night, it really hit me that I'm going to be gone this time tomorrow. This is my first time away from home alone, and I feel so independent already. My bags are packed and I have my passport, gum, snacks, anything I might need. I've been getting enough sleep and adjusting for the time difference but I have so much energy.

I never envisioned myself going to Cornell University, not even for the summer like this. I couldn't see myself being able to fall not the same category as some of the other students I know will be there. All of today was spent doing small last minute adjustments that I needed to make. I was thinking back to when I was little and I had these ideas of what I would be like when I was older, strong, intelligent, and independent. The ILC will truly test me on these characteristics and I look in the mirror knowing that I am where I want to be, focused and determined. Teams and Leaders in Action; the name of my course. I am coming for you. 

All my loved ones wishing me good luck makes me feel so confident in my abilities to succeed. I will make everyone proud, I'm already proud of what I have earned myself. I know these few short weeks are going to fly by, and I'm certain it will be a roller coaster ride. I'm ready for it. So for now, goodbye Bay Area. I'll be back soon with a great story to tell.
Cornell University!

No comments:

Post a Comment