Monday, June 5, 2017

The Amazing Northwestern University

On my trip to Cornell my cohort and I will be stopping by the Chicago area to visit two prestigious and amazing universities, one of them is, Northwestern University. This university is not only one of the highest ranked universities in the world, but it also has produced some successful and influential people. People such as Warren Beatty, Stephen Colbert, William Jennings Bryan and many, many more. It has produced groundbreaking studies and it has earned its reputation as one of the best universities in the world. I have the amazing opportunity to visit this amazing and influential university.
Stephen Colbert
Northwestern University is a research university in Evanston, Illinois with a campus size of 240 acres. The campus is directly on the shores of Lake Michigan. In US News and World Report Northwestern is ranked #12 and it has an acceptance rate of 10.7%. It was established in 1851 by John Evans (Evanston is named after him), Grant Goodrich and Orrington Lunt. They had little higher education experience, money and land, but over the years the university became of the nations' highest ranking intuitions. It has several campuses all over the world in places like Doha, Qatar. This university has deserved its reputation and I am lucky and excited to be visiting this amazing and unique university. 
Grant Goodrich (left), John Evans (middle) and Orrington Lunt (right)
When I get to the university I will be observant, curious and critical. I will observe the campus, student life, and observe the things I like and the things I don’t like. I will ask the guides or the admissions officer as much as I can. I will ask all the questions in the world because I will only have one chance to learn as much as I can. I will do this because I will be applying to colleges and universities in a year or so and these visits will help me learn more about college and what colleges I want apply to. This visit will be helpful because I may even be applying to this exact university and it is fantastic that I get to see it firsthand. This site visit and others I will be on are also essential to my growth as a student it lets me see what my future can look like and can help me greatly with my future plans.  
Northwestern University Campus
These universities also have amazing locations with wonderful attractions that me and my fellow cohort members can visit. Northwestern University is in Evanston, a city that is 12 miles from downtown Chicago. It has many parks and nice walks, but the attraction that caught my eye was Grosse Point Lighthouse. It looks pretty and it is interesting that there is a light house on a lake instead of on an ocean. 
Grosse Point Lighthouse
These site visits are extremely important and I thank every single person who is paying for me to have this amazing experience. Thank you every selfless and giving sponsor who is using their money for my benefit and not their own. Thank you so much Don Gosney for making all of this possible and allowing me and many others to have these experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment