Friday, June 2, 2017

The Very Helpful and Delicious Dinner

Tuesday was extremely tiring because before the dinner I had to turn in a major project and prepared for a another major project I also had a couple of tests. I was exhausted. Then after that tiring school day I had to rush home throw on some dress clothes then rush to the El Cerrito Plaza BART station.

Once at the BART station I was cold. Really cold. I was hungry and cold so I didn't really want to talk to anyone even though I was strongly encouraged to socialize by Don. But, once we got on the train I started to warm up and talk to as many people as I can. I talked with Kevin Mendoza and Josephine Perez . They told me about good restaurants and what they did in Cornell. It was very helpful and got me really excited for my trip.

Our BART ride was shorter than I thought. But when we got off the walk to the restaurant the walk was way longer than I thought it would be. But, finally we made it to the restaurant. My mom and I were really thrilled we barely ate the entire day. But we had to wait. I didn't mind, I was warm so at least cold and hungry, just hungry. I talked to Adrienne Ramsey whose feet were killing her. I asked about USC (University of Southern California) since she went there and it was a university I was looking at. She talked about the beautiful campus, the very passionate student body and their school spirit. It was interesting hearing from her because I knew little to nothing about USC.

After what felt like sixty years the dinner finally started. Well, after the speakers all of which were
great (especially Javaria). The food was wonderful, but the company was even better. I spent the majority of my time talking to Doug Mitarotonda and Noor. We mainly talked about college and I talk about how it was terrifying to me. Mr. Mitarotonda was telling story after great story of his adventures at Cornell. Overall he told us to never give up and that to be successful it takes more than intelligence, it takes grit. He also discussed how amazing Cornell. All of this talk of how amazing is really hyping up Cornell, it better be as amazing as I think. The evening ended with desert and Don taking a lot of photos of the Cornell group and me, yet again failing to smile or look good in a picture.

The BART ride home was a blur because I was falling asleep while standing up. When I got home I fell asleep in my suit. The dinner was amazing. There was great food and more importantly I learned a lot about Cornell and life from many accomplished individuals. It opened my eyes and allowed me to see and understand more about college and what college life and the application process will be like. I am grateful that I had this opprotunity to learn more about Cornell and college life. Watch out Cornell!

No comments:

Post a Comment